It’s true. I love me some good (easy to use) products. And guess what, they aren’t natural! Like most everything in my life…or attempt anyways…it’s a weird balance of homesteading/natural/healthy and polished/smell good/convenience. It’s just not worth the mental battle & the time (for me) to explore & experiment on every natural product out there. Can anyone else relate??
So before I get started, let’s just clarify that this is what works for me. It may not be your cup of tea, I get it. Oh, and the links in this post are affiliate links (because, duh!) that if you end up purchasing something through them, I’ll get a few dimes on the dollar – full disclaimer.
10) Olay Fresh Outlast Energizing Lime & White Tea Body Wash. Forget about Calgon, I love Olay body wash better. It IS fresh, the scent being almost stress relieving & the best part is I don’t smell like a key-lime pie afterwards. Priced appropriately too!
9) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Let’s clarify on this one….I only use this to remove my makeup & excess oil/dirt before using my facial regimen. This cleanser does that only, cleans. It doesn’t treat acne, sun damage or wrinkles. And it doesn’t leave a soapy, gunky buildup like a bar of soap – which is why I like it.
8) Suave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner I’ve had my hair colored every which way. I credit this shampoo & conditioner to not loosing all of my hair. It smells good, feels good, rinses clean, and is pretty darn cheap.
7) Herbal Essence Biorenew Coconut Milk Oil Infused Crème – Because coconut oil hair masks are messy & falling down in the shower is no fun. Apply to damp hair and style or air dry. I’ve used multiple anti-frizz oil formulas, and this is my favorite. Plus it smells good & doesn’t have me feeling like my hair is greasy or brittle. It’s like my hair actually soaks it up instead of it just coating the strands. My hair feels much healthier & I think it’s even grown a little bit!
6) Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Dry Shampoo – because who has the time to wash their hair every.single.day? I’ve used multiple dry shampoos & this one gives texture, a clean smell, and sometimes I can get like 3-4 days between washings (if I haven’t been sweating up a storm). It’s also like the biggest bottle of dry shampoo I’ve seen on the market, so bonus points for not running out as fast!
5) Sally Hansen (No Light) Gel Polish – BEST at home gel manicure sans the light out there. I can get a SOLID 7 days with no chips out of this stuff. It’s kind of pricey when you think, it’s just a nail polish, BUT the original purchase is cheaper than a manicure once you’ve tipped, I really don’t want to go to the nail salon & pay that every.single.week. Don’t forget the top coat that sets it!
4) Colgate Optic White Platinum Toothpaste, Express White – because I didn’t see any whitening results of oil pulling & I literally have zero time to make myself gag every day, twice a day – I use this instead. Why whitening instead of regular? Because coffee. And wine. And nobody like yellow teeth!
3) Dove Deodorant Invisible Solid Fresh – because limes & salt based deodorants just don’t do it for me. We spend a lot of time outside, and I spend a solid 35 minutes a day sweating my tail off when I work out. And no one likes stinky pits. Plus, this doesn’t transfer onto my tanks & sports bras, or “ball up” in the crease of my arm pit, and I don’t have to apply multiple times throughout the day. #winning
2) Simple Kind to Skin Facial Wipes – because sweat & dirt, y’all. IF/WHEN I wear makeup – I use this before I workout and after I workout, because I really don’t want all that junk clogging up my pores & running down my face. Plus they’re cheap & fit in my glove box so I don’t even have to “pack” them everyday. These shouldn’t replace any part of your beauty routine though – just a helper throughout the day!
1) Sleep! Ok, so maybe this one is natural after all. But for real, beauty sleep is no joke. When you don’t get enough sleep or good sleep, it shows. It shows up in the form of dark circles and puffy eyes, and because you’re feeling less than stellar, we tend to neglect the upkeep of the rest of our bodies. Aim for 6-7 hours a night (or more if you’re able), and make sure your room is plenty cool – I cannot sleep when I am hot.
So that’s it, y’all! I have an entirely different slew of products of use on my face to combat occasional acne, sun damage & signs of aging. But, that’s a different post for a different day 🙂